Sunday, August 7, 2011

How long is too soon to follow up to an interview (hospital)?

No matter how comfortable and good you feel about the interview, it is always a good idea to follow up within a week of an interview to simply express your continued interest in the position and inquire if a final decision is made. 5 business days is typically the rule of thumb that I use for myself. I had a second interview for a position last week, even though I sent thank you notes, I intend to follow up via email on the fifth business day to inquire if a decision will be made and to express my continued interest. In today's job market, it is extremely competitive and there are a high volume of applicants applying for positions. The delay may simply be that they have had several interviews scheduled since you went in, by following up you are also effectively staying relevant and have an opportunity to remind them why you are the better candidate.

0 comments:

Post a Comment