Friday, August 12, 2011

How do you deal with jerks like this at work?

I work in a supermarket. I'm part time, and don't put in a lot of hours (for personal reasons). Everyone seems to be a gossip, and wants to know my business. They're always asking me about the hours I work (what time I come in, if I work the weekend and what time I go hone). One of the front-end coordinators once hounded me about the fact that I work less hours than most of the other workers there doing the same job, and kept insisting that I should work more. Apparently misery loves company, OR this guy is mentally ill. I laughed in his face about the discussion, and he went berserk on me; raising his voice and gritting his teeth. He's not a manager--just a young punk with a chip on his shoulder or something. I want to tell all of these people to shove off, but I'm a gentleman. How should I handle the situation?

0 comments:

Post a Comment