Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Fine for shoplifting for 16 year old?

Ok so my friend and I shoplifted several clothes totaled up to about $120 at most from Sears. They took us to a room and wrote all this stuff down and said I was lucky I'm not a legal adult or I have to go to jail. My friend on the other hand was 18 and had to go to jail I had to wait for my mom to get me. When he went to jail he had to confront the judge there and the judge gave him a $1000 fine for shoplifting. I was wondering if I get the same fine. My court date didn't come in the mail yet but how much do you think it will be for the fine when I appear at court? I plan on pleading guilty since it is true but is there any way or any thing I could do to lower it or not as bad? I plan on getting rid of this criminal record after all this. How would I get rid of it, I heard about getting it expunged and if so, how would I be able to do it? I'm really a normal good kid but I don't know what I was thinking. Also, before I got caught I was only 5 days from being 17 so I was "lucky". If I turn 17 before the court date will anything change and do I have to go with a parent? Today in the mail, a letter came in about some lady that is the Youth Violence Reduction Coordinator saying I should call them and get advice. If my mom calls them and talk about the situation, you think there is any way it'll help me and my crime? I really need the help right now cause I'm so confused and my life is turning upside down. PLEASE HELP!!! FYI they told my friend he could get rid of all this record if he goes to the PTI if I'm correct but it costs $100 to sign up and the costs for class. Will I be able to get this option or should I rather get it expunged? Here is a link I looked at for expunging http://www.ehow.com/how_6110032_criminal-record-cleaned-up.html. If I get it expunged, HOPEFULLY, will I have to write it down when I apply for stuff? Sorry for all the questions but right now I can't stop thinking about it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment