Saturday, August 6, 2011

A felon advances over someone without a record?

My husband was promoted after months and months of showing his worth. Finally the manager stepped up and told him he had been promoted. A girl, who became employed a week before him, then questions why she didn't get promoted. She said she had been there longer and deserved the opportunity. Even though she had only been there a week longer than my husband. My husband has had previous management experience. Clean record ect. This girl just got out of a the "Hay House" which is a place like jail except you live there and go to work but are under state law still. When the dispute first started, I told my husband not to worry about it. He was an excellent worker and his merits would speak for themselves. Today, we found out she got the management position. Salary based pay, benefits ect. She already has insurance because the state pays for it. We actually needed the benefits. Whats worse? After she is finished serving her sentence in this county, she must make arrangements for her sentences in other counties. She has 3 other counties she has to deal with. ALSO, at my husbands particular job family can not work with family. Especially if one family member is in management. This girls brother works there. The head manager said if she got the promotion she would have to transfer. This was one reason my husband didn't fight so hard with her about this position towards the end. He didn't want to transfer. Turns out, she won't have to leave. But the whole point of a transfer was so she wouldn't be working with her brother. So now that she isn't getting transferred he should be let go right? Family can't work together. That is the rule. This doesn't appear to be the case. The main store manager had to fight to get this girl her spot. FIGHT FOR IT with corporate. My husband is college educated, this girl failed her last semester in college. My husband has a clean record, this girl doesn't. My husband has 6 references of expierence, this girl worked 1 week management at a taco bell. I honestly don't know what went wrong? My husband has been nice to everyone and they all get along. He helps everyone. He has only missed one day of work for a funeral. He never asks off. But yet he is promoted to a step below her as a coordinator. While she gets the salary based pay and benefits. Can someone give me their opinion on this matter. I really would like to know.

0 comments:

Post a Comment