Friday, August 5, 2011

2003 GTI 1.8 burning oil?

I have a 2003 Volkswagen GTI 1.8t manual 5spd w/silverline exhaust and ABD intake. When it's idling I can smell the oil burning but don't see smoke. Smell goes away when driving but if i stop and just idle the engine for awhile it starts to blow blue smoke out the exhaust but it goes away again after driving.. Thought it was because of the valve cover gasket that was leaking but after replacing it there's no difference. Could it be from oil on the engine from when the VC gasket was leaking? It could also be from the turbo because I've noticed when boosting (mainly in first gear) it looses power and jerks a little at about 2500rpms that I attributed to a leak in a vacuum hose (I can hear it leak when the turbo starts to spool) but starting to think the turbo might be starting to go bad. Any ideas on what could be making it burn oil like this???

0 comments:

Post a Comment