Friday, August 5, 2011

1999 Mazda Millenia Fuel Problems?

My car was giving me trouble when i bought it, when i drove it and slowed down to a stop and let it idle it would go dead. It did this for a while and the check engine light started flashing. I got someone to run a computer check on it and said my engine was mis-firing. Looked at everything on my engine and noticed the air intake hose was held together by electrical tape. I replaced it, and cranked it up and it ran fine for a little bit. Drove it down the road into a drive-way and came to a complete stop and it didn't die or idle low or anything, then all of the sudden when i hit the accelerator and the car died. So I tried to crank it and it wouldn't start, it would turn over just fine but nothing else. Took the spark plugs out and they were corroded real bad so i sanded them. Then the car would crank, but it would die if you let off the gas. So i had to get my car pulled home, changed the spark plugs and now it cranks fine, but i'm worried there is something else wrong with it. I would hate to drive it down the road and it all happen again. Any ideas if there could be anything else wrong with it?

0 comments:

Post a Comment